If you've found this blog (or I happened to give you the address), you're probably asking yourself what a ¨hairless tongue¨ has to do with anything, and what I could possibly be blogging about. No, I do not plan to write about anatomy (although it may come up at some point down the road, who knows?), nor do I plan to write giberish just for the sake of writing. The truth is I've been given this ¨assignment¨ by my boss at Inspiring Move, and I hope that I, or someone is able to gain something from it. There is a phrase in Spanish that you use to describe a person when he/she is not afraid to speak what's on her mind, be it controversial, or even mean. You say that this person no tiene pelos en la lengua. Literal translation: She doesn't have hairs on her tongue. I thought this would be a fitting name for my blog, as I plan to delve into the subject of things that surprise and/or bother me about Spanish culture. I am American and have been living in Spain for four years. I am married to a Spaniard, and I love him (of course), his country, and his culture...but that doesn't mean that I'm not baffled and frustrated by it at times as well. My aim in this blog is to write about these very things but without being negative, or at least not always. I hope to learn something myself by writing, and if I can give others an interesting insight into Spain (other than typical tourist information) and perhaps make them laugh, that will be an added bonus. So here goes...
Disclaimer:
I don't claim to be a good writer, in fact I know I'm not.
I am also not an expert on Spanish culture. I am aware that I see things through my own lens in my own little world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome to the world of blogging!!!
ReplyDeleteI promise at least i will comment in English, as I never, ever dare to speak to you :P
I'm sure you'll do a great job, and that you're gonna make us all laugh a lot.
XXX
But yeah, you need a proper template...
ReplyDeleteWell, well, well... look who's here! I'll read you as often as I can, that's for sure, but GO AHEAD gal! Give it to us! Dare to be mean with the Spanish way of life! Long life to "tortilla de patatas (bravas, of course)
ReplyDeleteel ingles lo tengo un poco entre alfileres jajaja
ReplyDelete